Friday, July 1, 2011

Yes, We're Still Here

I know it's been about half a year since either my wife or I have posted on Debt Free in 40, but we are still out here, though busy with the rest of our lives.  I'll try to get here soon for a proper update, but in the meantime, you can enjoy the new debt numbers over at the right.  Our mortgage has gone down (though not a great amount), mainly because we've been socking cash away into our Rainy Day fund, as well as using some emergency funds for some nice emergencies ... like replacing our car when it got totaled. 

I hope to post something more later this week, but for now, know we're still out here, we're still alive, and we're still hammering away at the debt.

3 comments:

  1. Hear hear! Glad that you've returned as well. Car totaled? When did that happen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car got totaled in early March. I was out in Hancock County, driving to work and a woman pulled out in front of me -- I had the right of way and was going about 45 when I T-boned her. I was totally not at fault, and the insurance money covered all but about $2200 of a brand-new Civic (not to mention the past couple months' worth of extra chiropractor visits). Yeah, trust me -- there are better ways to get a new car than that...

    ReplyDelete